Scholarships and Honors
- Completed the Creative Writing Emphasis Program (PCC) May 2006
- Received a Creative Writing Focus Award (PCC) June 2006
- Received the Diversity Recognition Scholarship at Portland State University, 2006-2009.
- Completed the Graduate Teacher Educator Program (GTEP) Portland State University, 2010-2012
After School Program Site Director Sept. 2001-2002
(Volunteer work turned into a paid position after the summer camp of 2001)
YMCA, Roosevelt Elementary School site, Medford, Oregon.
Assistant Cross-country Coach Volunteer Fall 2002
- Developed activity planners and implemented them.
- Coached and directed assistants on site.
- Provided on site safety in accord with state regulations.
- During summers worked primarily with teens.
Phoenix High School, Phoenix, Oregon.
Reading Tutor Volunteer Jan 2003
- Mentored high school runners physically and emotionally.
- Worked closely with head coach developing runners.
LCC, Eugene, Oregon.
Trio Writing Tutor Volunteer (This position turned into a paid position) Fall 2007
- Worked for Lane Community College reading program.
- Tutored underachieving readers using various methods.
Portland State University (PSU,) Portland, Oregon.
Boys and Girls Club Volunteer Fall 2008-2009
- Tutored PSU student helping him to better understand sentence structure.
- Taught grammar fundamentals and developed writing.
Blazers Club, Portland, Oregon.
Language Laboratory Volunteer Winter/Spring 2008
- Provide a positive attitude and welcoming presence for teens.
- Help teens with homework, life skills and personal development.
UNLA (Universidad Latina de América) Morelia Michoacán, México.
- Conversed with university students helping them to practice their English.
- Helped more advanced students with their papers for English class.
Read 180 Classroom Volunteer Fall 2008 , Winter 2009
David Douglas High, Portland, Oregon.
- Assisted instructor with various tasks and tutored students.
- Undertook various reading activities with students.
AVID Program Classroom Volunteer Fall 2011, Winter 2012
Portland Public Schools, Portland, Oregon.
- Taught and tutored students.
- Undertook various curriculum and instruction activities.
Volunteer at Revista Caminos 2010--Present.
- I have helped my friends at Revista Caminos via e-mail, wherever I have been in the world, with editing, proofing, and writing articles.
- I grew up in Talent so whenever I visit home I help with community events and even deliver magazines.